Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Last Night I Dreeeeeeeeeeeamed I Had A Light Box

Late last night went into our spare room / office. I put two sheets of white printer paper down on the desk, and turned on the desk lamp. Nothing special, just a standard el cheapo desk lamp, and a 60w incandescent bulb. Not the ideal set up, but it worked (some what) for what I was doing. I grabbed a couple of random objects, sat them on the paper, and took a bunch of pictures of them. The lamp was too short, and the bulb's yellowy cast screwed with my white balance, and the flash kept casting a shadow of the top of the lamp. After some rearranging, I managed to get a couple of cool photos. Some slight tinkering in Photoshop made the two shots I liked most look quite good (or so I think).



I'm soooooooooooo looking forward to having an actual light box (well, a home made light box) to take shots like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment